Wednesday, January 18, 2017

You will be missed !!

I started this post 4 years ago but never posted it ... to my sister Noa, I miss you more today than ever !

The year 2012 was one where we lost some dear loved ones.  Being members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints we are taught and I believe that families are forever and we will see our loved ones again. I know I will see my family members again but I cry because I'm sad they are gone and I will miss them. 

This past year on June 22, 2012 we lost our baby sister Vanessa Noanoa Soliai-Talaiga.  I can't tell you how painful it was to hear the news and the how much I miss her.  She was only 33 and the youngest of the 7 of us girls.  She was a GREAT Aunt to all our kids and the most painful thing for me was seeing my children cry when they heard the news.  We were in American Samoa for the summer when we got the call so we cut our summer vacation short to fly back to washington for her funeral.  This was actually the first time in a long time that all us siblings were together in one place. 
It is always said that it's too bad it takes something like this for us to get together but I don't feel that way.  In 2002 we started our Fotu & Paulette family reunions and we have them every other year and we have been pretty good at most of us being in attendance so I am grateful for great siblings who always  do their best to get together for these. 

To my sister Noa ... I miss you and am thankful for your great example to me on how an Aunt really should be and to love all my nieces and nephews the same - I love you !!!


In May of 2012 one of my dear cousins Toloai lost his wife.  Toloai & Luisa were such a loving couple and my heart was sad for my cousin because we all knew how much he loves his wife and how close in age we all are and it could of been any one of us.




No comments: