Wednesday, January 18, 2017

1st John & Katherine Samia Famiy Reunion !

Last August we had the first ever family reunion for my Mother and her siblings.  It was so good to get together with my first cousins.  We were all raised in Samoa but thru the years the majority of us have moved to live stateside !  My mother was the oldest of my grandparent's 4 children.  My Mom June Paulette Samia had 9 kids & 7 of us 9 with our families attended, the next oldest my Uncle Drury Siomia had 4 children and 2 of his 4 kids with their families attended, my Uncle John Poleta Jr had 8 children & 5 of his children with their families was in attendance.  We started our reunion on the 17th of August and we ended it on the 20th of August !  I was so grateful to  not only spend time with my sibling but also have the experience of showing our kids some places we always went to when we used to visit during the summers with our parents and my husband who was raised in Hawaii got to eat all the food he loves !
Where it all begin .... Our grandparents John Poleta & Katherine Needham Samia !

The representatives of  June Paulette & Fotu Soliai !

The representatives (missing Gilbert & Diane)  of Drury Siomia & Sameme Uperesa ! 
The representatives of John Poleta Jr !


Most of all of us who was in attendance for the last night of the reunion !

Till our next reunion in 2018 !  Hope more of us will be able to attend !

No comments: