Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"O God, Where Art Thou?"

That was the topic of our Sunday School lesson this past Sunday. I didn't know that was the title but I remembered the scripture references and conversations we had during it and I went to lds.org to look up the title. I remember one of the things discussed during the lesson was "adversity is part of God’s plan for our testing and growth during mortality. We came to earth knowing we would experience pain, trials, and other difficulties" - I remember sitting there thinking I truly am blessed - my "trials" are behind me ..... boy, I do love Heavenly Father's sense of humor - because a few short hours later I was thrown right back into reality - lol !! Now, my trials and tribulations are not nearly as serious as what our earlier leaders went through - but I'm sure the heartache feels the same ! It was mentioned in our lesson that we are given adversity for "experience and growth" - for real tho, I really think I could of gone on ok without that "experience" and don't feel anything "growing" except my temper ! Anyways, I'm sure later on down the road I'll look back and think - alrighty then, I get it - but in the mean time, I can't figure it out ! "O God, where art thou ?".....

No comments: