Friday, August 21, 2009

My Sonny Fotu

I wanted to blog about my son Fotuopalaau Iafeta, he is 11 years old and is such a joy to me. Fotu LOVES playing basketball and recently we found out from one of his good friend's mother that one of the select teams in our area will be having tryouts. Tryouts will be held this saturday and sunday. Fotu and I were talking about him going to tryouts this weekend and he asked " Am I going on sunday too ?" I said yes and he said "but it's from 9-12 (same time as our ward) and I'm gonna miss church" I said that's right, your'e gonna miss church. He really shocked me when he said in the next second "I don't want to miss church - I'm not going on saunday" - I told him that was fine and he didn't have to go. I am so proud of my Fotu and his decision. He really made my night when he did it because lately I've been feeling as though I'm failing as a mother. I hope he continues on this path and continues to make wise choices in his life because it really will bring him nothing but joy !

1 comment:

Noanoa said...

You are not a bad mom!! u're a great one!