Thursday, June 25, 2009

Some Special Fathers .....

Father's Day has come and gone and I didn't want you to think that I didn't think about some really "special" Dads in my life ......



The 1st one I want to blog about is my " Daddy" Fotuopalaau P. Soliai - it's been alittle over 2 years since our Dad passed away and I still miss him ! Don't get me wrong, I know he is in a better place, pain free and more importantly with our Mom - but I still think of him daily and miss him terribly. For almost 10 years (up to the day he died) my Dad had been someone I saw, talked to, laughed with, drove around or planned things around EVERY day ! It was a great blessing for me to have been able to form that bond with my Dad - and although alot of people thought Va (older Sis) was his favorite, he really didn't have one - he LOVED all his daughters the same - oi, I mean kids ! My father my WHOLE entire life never, ever showed favorites towards his kids or grandkids, we/they were always treated the same ...... and then, when I got pregnant with my 3rd child and he was a boy and I named him after Papa - boy did I make out - lol ! That kid was spoiled - if Papa had to go on a trip he took Fotu and his Mom got to travel also, when I pot pregnant with my 4th child (I already knew I was having a girl) my Dad asked me what was I gonna name my baby - I told him "Fotu" I'm not stupid - I'm naming ALL my kids after you - lol ! Happy belated Father's Day Daddy ... Rest in heavenly peace !!!




~The above picture is of my Dad with his sister Nafanua Soliai-Savali and brother Vaega Sua~



The next one is my babies Daddy .... Williard LOVES his kids (he loves me too) ! He is a good Daddy and has always been - he has a weird sense of humor but I guess after 17 years a person gets used to it ! He spoils his kids - anyone who knows my husband knows he's a really good cook, a hard worker, pretty crafty and does laundry,dishes and cleans house ..... well his kids - not so much ! We are very LUCKY to have him in our lives and WE LOVE HIM MUCH !!





~This is a picture of Williard with our daughter Salele~



The last one I want to mention is my brother in law Meki - being that we are now orpahns (lol) Meki and Va have had to step up and into the "parentals" shoes ! We are lucky our sister was blessed and married well - she is spoiled, and leads a good life and she is lucky she has someone so "learned" to council with ! I think they only had 1 child because Heavenly Father knew they would be forced to adopt 8 more plus their families !





~This is Va, Meki and their daughter Katerina~

I hope everyone had a GREAT FATHER'S DAY !!!

No comments: